[IPython-dev] Parallel IPython: Spawn Tasks from Tasks, direct scheduling

Andreas Buhr andreas at andreasbuhr.de
Thu Oct 17 15:16:17 EDT 2013

Hi,

wow, thanks a lot for your help, that's great.

On 10/17/2013 09:06 PM, MinRK wrote:
> A notebook illustrating both approaches
> <http://nbviewer.ipython.org/7030408>

>From inside of those member functions, can I spawn new tasks? Can I just
get a new 'Client()', even when I am on a worker?

And if I spawn a new task on a worker, and that new task is to be
executed on the exact same machine, is there a way to execute that task
without going back to the HUB/scheduler?

thanks a lot again,
best regards,
Andreas