[IPython-dev] installing nbviewer on amazon ec2

Kyle Kelley rgbkrk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 18:33:47 EDT 2013

Abhi,

If you're comfortable using salt, there are salt states for deploying
nbviewer (https://github.com/rgbkrk/salt-nbviewer). Currently this installs
straight from the master branch of nbviewer. In the near future, this will
have branch/environment setup to deploy to qa, staging and production
servers.

If you're not comfortable with salt, it serves as a good reference for
which packages to install, how to set up the virtualenv, working
configurations for both supervisor and memcache. top.sls shows the order (
https://github.com/rgbkrk/salt-nbviewer/blob/master/top.sls), follow that
up with the init.sls files in each of the directories. If you'd like more
detail than this, I could probably be convinced to write something up.

-- Kyle