[IPython-dev] Using IPython Cluster with SGE -- help needed

Abraham D. Flaxman abie at uw.edu
Tue Sep 10 20:15:23 EDT 2013

Have you had more success with this Andreas?  I've tried to use my SGE today as well, and had moderate success.  I started where you were:

    ipcluster start --profile=sge -n 12  # starts one engine, sometimes

which I can confirm via:
In [48]:  len(p.Client(profile='sge'))
Out[48]: 1

Then I qsub more engines with:

    for i in {1..100}; do qsub sge.engine.template; done  # starts 101 more

and this gives me more remote clients:

In [49]: len(p.Client(profile='sge'))
Out[49]: 101

To shut down the cluster:
qstat | awk {'print $1'} | xargs qdel

Also, it shut down on its own one time, which I appreciated, but perhaps was not intended.

Any tips on how I can make this work more smoothly?

--Abie

Abraham D. Flaxman
Assistant Professor
Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation | University of Washington
2301 5th Avenue, Suite 600 | Seattle, WA 98121| USA
Tel: +1-206-897-2800 | Fax: +1-206-897-2899 UW
abie at uw.edu | http://healthmetricsandevaluation.org | http://healthyalgorithms.com