[IPython-dev] IPython Notebook Memory Usage Feature

Tomer Levi tmrlvi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 17:54:05 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

Recently I had a problem remembering which of my IPython Notebook kernels
were using a large portion of my computer memory.
So, I've created my a quick patch that added the KernelManager a method
that can extract it, and displayed it on the tree webpage of the Notebook.
(It depends on the module *psutil *to do so...)

I'd appreciate any comments. :)
Tomer

P.S:
The patch is in the attached file, as instructed in
http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/stable/development/gitwash/patching.html
If it isn't the way to introduce a patch, I'll be glad to know and fix it.