[IPython-dev] nbconvert: eqnarray environment missing in html output

Jakob Gager gager at ilsb.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 23 02:05:26 EDT 2013

Hi Zoltán,

pandoc strips raw latex (not placed inside $s) when converting to html, but keeps it when converting to
latex. Vice versa raw html is stripped when converting to latex but retained when converting to html.
So you are actually facing a pandoc shortcoming (I wouldn't call it a bug since this behavior seems to be
intended). Has been discussed e.g. https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/4234

To overcome the png issue you could use svgs instead, try
%config InlineBackend.figure_format = 'svg'

Jakob