[IPython-dev] Appropriate use of notebook viewer?

Jacob Vanderplas jakevdp at cs.washington.edu
Fri Sep 27 12:40:41 EDT 2013

Hi Eric,
Interesting post!  I think nbviewer works well, but I've opted to spin my
own solution for a course I'm teaching currently.  The result is an
nbconvert plugin for the Hyde website generator that automatically renders
my notebooks to HTML pages.  If you want to see it in action, you can check
out the website at [1]. I started teaching the course last week, and it's
worked extremely well. For each notebook, I link to the html rendering, the
raw version, and views on both nbviewer and wakari.  The nbconvert plugin
can be found within my Hyde pull request [2], and the source used to build
the website is on github [3].  I hope that's useful!
   Jake

[1] http://www.astro.washington.edu/users/vanderplas/Astr599/schedule
[2] https://github.com/hyde/hyde/pull/233
[3] https://github.com/jakevdp/2013_fall_ASTR599/tree/master/website