[IPython-dev] IPython notebook 2.0 with Django

Tom Atkins tom at knitatoms.net
Wed Apr 2 14:48:00 EDT 2014

Congratualtions on the release of IPython 2.

I've been using IPython notebook with Django via this app:

https://github.com/cpbotha/django-shell-ipynb

It's stopped working with IPython 2. I've forked the repo and made a fix
to suppress the 'frontend' deprecation warning and make a print
statement Python 3 compatible. Here's the file in question:

https://github.com/knitatoms/django-shell-ipynb/blob/master/django_shell_ipynb/management/commands/shell_ipynb.py

But when I run:

python manage.py shell_ipynb

I get:

2014-04-02 11:35:07.561 [NotebookApp] CRITICAL | No such file or
directory: /home/tom/dev/django/test34/shell_ipynb

Any suggestions on what might have changed or how I could debug?

Thanks in advance,
Tom