[IPython-dev] IPython 2.0.0 -- Firefox issues
mark.voorhies at ucsf.edu
Wed Apr 2 16:02:28 EDT 2014
Congratulations on the new release!
I'm trying out rel-2.0.0 and running into interesting issues on Firefox 28 on Ubuntu Precise:
* "ipython notebook" launches the dashboard in Firefox as expected
* "New notebook" creates a new notebook and opens a tab for it, but the page is blank and the notebook does not show up as "running"
* Opening an existing notebook or creating a new one in Chromium _does_ render the notebook and _does_ list it in the "running" tab
* Even after launching a notebook in Chromium, it still doesn't render in Firefox
* I'm using IPython rel-2.0.0 and Tornado v3.2.0 from git (both installed via "python setup.py install --user")
* All other IPython dependencies should be current Ubuntu Precise versions
* Browsers are up-to-date from Ubuntu Precise:
mvoorhie at virgil:~/$ dpkg -l chromium-browser firefox
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Description
ii chromium-browser 33.0.1750.152-0ubuntu0.12.04.1~pkg879.1 Chromium browser
ii firefox 28.0+build2-0ubuntu0.12.04.1 Safe and easy web browser from Mozilla
* Firefox has NoScript, allowing 127.0.0.1 (I see the same behavior when allowing scripts globally)
Thought I'd check the list for obvious fixes before opening an issue.
More information about the IPython-dev