[IPython-dev] IPython-dev Digest, Vol 123, Issue 5

PRAKHAR gaur prakhar_aaidu16 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 02:19:10 EDT 2014

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for the reply.
I thought the prefix option can be used just the way it works forAutotools configure script.
I did$python setup.py install --userthat installed everything here : /home/prakhar/.local/
now the dev version of ipython is available globally in $PATH
Two questions,
A) If I want to use the system installed version(0.13.1) of ipython , how do I do that ?
and,
When I try running a notebook,$ipython2 notebook illumina_overview_tutorial.ipynbor$/home/prakhar/.local/bin/ipython2 notebook illumina_overview_tutorial.ipynb
B) ipython reports an error about missing "jinja2" module, the OS installed ipython can run notebooks just fine.What can be wrong here ?
Regards,--Prakhar GaurIARI, IN