[IPython-dev] IPython Notebook 2.0 and websockets

Clare Sloggett claresloggett at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 03:59:12 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Reading through the IPython Notebook 2.0 "what's new", I saw that there are
changes in the way notebooks are addressed. Can anyone tell me if this
means that 2.0 no longer uses websockets?

I and a couple of people I know had issues occasionally because we
unfortunately had to go through a proxy that would not correctly handle
websockets. If this isn't a requirement anymore that would be good to know.

In any case, thanks for the hard work on 2.0, the new feature list is just
incredible!

Clare