[IPython-dev] Installation-level profiles?

Aron Ahmadia aron at ahmadia.net
Fri Apr 11 17:09:23 EDT 2014

I know how to install an IPython profile in $HOME/.ipython/profile_xxx

Is there an equivalent location for installing in the system?

It seems like I'd need to manually patch IPython to check for the file, but
it makes sense to me to provide this in say:

$BASE/etc/ipython/

This would allow virtualenvs and package managers such as Anaconda, Canopy,
and HashDist to install profiles for users as part of their installation
process to simplify access to customized CSS and Javascript.