[IPython-dev] Installation-level profiles?

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 18:13:52 EDT 2014

We need to think somewhat carefully about that, because profiles also house
runtime things, like security files. Those must always be in the user's own
profile, and thus profile directories must always be user-writable.  To
have a 'system profile' we would need a notion of something like a 'parent'
to a profile, which can only house config files.

-MinRK