[IPython-dev] Questions on submitting a new IPEP?

Susan Tan Susan.tan.fleckerl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 21:46:35 EDT 2014

Hello IPython Core Devs,

I have a question about writing a new IPEP, because an issue related to
keyboard shortcuts has popped up here:
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/5634

I'm not quite sure how to write a good IPEP, because I've only been around
this project for a short time and don't really know the context behind the
consequences of doing a refactor and what parts of the code base this may
affect. If there's consensus here that a new IPEP is appropriate to address
the above github issue, would anyone here be willing to co-write one with
me?

--
Susan Tan
Software Engineer