[IPython-dev] IPython parallel client

Nathan Faggian nathan.faggian at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 23:46:41 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have started a small (spare time) project called "ipcluster_tools", which
is available here:
         https://github.com/nfaggian/ipcluster_tools

Using the client connection it is pretty easy to poll the state of the
cluster thanks to the advice from MinRk. Using this knowledge I built a
*very* basic tool to visualise the state of jobs but I would really like to
try and write some tests now.

Any pointers would be great -- so far I have just used a notebook to inject
jobs and used the graphical interface to spin up workers. Since I prefer
pytest I would like to try and make something like a "funcarg" that spins
up a server (prefer function scope) but the setup and tear-down may be
expensive:

     http://pytest.org/latest/funcargs.html

When I get the tests going to a reasonable level I will change the way that
the watcher works. The goal is to (if there is a backend that stores
information) be able to introspect metadata also.

If anyone is keen to help out please fork the repository!

Cheers,

Nathan