[IPython-dev] IPython parallel client

Nathan Faggian nathan.faggian at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 17:58:55 EDT 2014

Hi Doug,

Nice idea! I initially thought a notebook or perhaps an additional tab in
the notebook would be a good way for these features to be introduced. Maybe
that could be down the line with some support.  For now I am focused on
some basic command line tools.

I think once I get a good test framework going it will be easy enough to
prototype a few additional ideas and notebooks are a good way of doing
that.

I think the next step for me is to write a layer of indirection over the
client code so that I can have a common base for GUI and command line
interfaces (keen to make ipcluster_cli).

At the moment the watcher tool is *very* basic but that will improve as I
have time. I would appreciate any help, I think the IPython parallel
framework is excellent!

Cheers,

Nathan.