[IPython-dev] Announcement: Galaxy IPython Integration - interactive programming in Galaxy

Björn Grüning bjoern.gruening at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 11:34:11 EDT 2014

Hi Kyle,

currently you need to have an own Galaxy installation [1]. It's
relatively simple and and mainly a hg clone and ./run.sh step.

If you have a running Galaxy instance you can follow the installation
instruction under: https://github.com/bgruening/galaxy-ipython

It's simple as: git clone
https://github.com/bgruening/galaxy-ipython.git
$GALAX_DIR/config/plugins/viz/ipython

We are facing the problem that all our productive systems do not have
access to docker, so we need a little bit of time to migrate our
servers. Also, I would like to collect a few more comments and reviews
before we can offer this feature to all Galaxy users.

Please note, that I'm in close contact with the main Galaxy devs but I'm
not part of that gang, so I have nothing to decide weather or not that
feature will be added to usegalaxy.org.

Thanks for your interest!
Bjoern

[1] https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/GetGalaxy