[IPython-dev] tornado app

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 11:53:11 EDT 2014

We do not plan on allowed others to add new handlers to *our* app. The
recommendation is that you write your own top level app that 1)
defines any custom handlers you need and 2) imports any existing
IPython handlers that you need. The reason for this is that the second
we allow custom handlers in our app, IPython is on a slippery slope to
become a full blown web app development framework.