[IPython-dev] changing working directory from IPython server

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 18:47:01 EDT 2014

On 11 August 2014 13:56, Mark Bakker <markbak at gmail.com> wrote:

>  So what I think we need is either a way to surf to a higher directory, or
> to have the option to 'click here' as it is now but then not being forced
> to 'upload' the notebook.

Allow me to plug nbopen again: it's a tool to open notebooks. If there's a
notebook server running in any directory above where that notebook is, it
will use that. If not, it will start a new notebook server which can open
that. So there's no need to think about where you're launching the
notebook. It works from the command line on all platforms, and from GUI
file managers on open source platforms (pull requests for other platforms
welcome).

https://github.com/takluyver/nbopen

Thomas