[IPython-dev] Separating the notebook from the file manager+text editor+terminal

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 13:26:22 EDT 2014

I think this sounds like a good plan. I’m not 100% sure how to go about
implementing it, though. It would require that our webapp code be a bit
more modular. We took some steps in that direction with 2.0 - Brian and
Zach moved each component into discrete subpackages and URL areas, and are
loaded with a single call to load_handlers. We could extend this a bit
further to something like load_component, and figure out a way to configure
/ register available components.

-MinRK
​