[IPython-dev] Using IPython notebooks to teach Python

Doug Blank doug.blank at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 08:23:53 EDT 2014

You may also want to follow the development of the Jupyter Hub for IPython3:

https://github.com/jupyter/jupyterhub

Although I suspect that IPython3/Jupyter won't be released for months, I
was able to login (via my Linux id and password) with the code as of
yesterday. In addition, I was able to use our new IPython3 kernels without
any obvious issues. It looks like it will be very easy to substitute the os
authentication for another.

I'm making plans to use this multi-user hub in the classroom as soon as
possible this semester. (I'm teaching Programming Languages, and so easily
switching between languages should make an interesting basis for the
course.)

-Doug