[IPython-dev] Latex highlighting for markdown cells?

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 14:14:57 EDT 2014

Le 29 août 2014 à 18:38, Zoltán Vörös <zvoros at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi Matthias,
>
> I have recently been wondering myself about this. What I wanted to do is
> insert the closing \end{environment} tags in the markdown cell, and
> insert e.g., \frac{}{} and move the cursor back to the first curly
> bracket, if the user types \fra, but syntax highlighting would also be
> useful. Could you point me to some sort of documentation as to how one
> starts out writing a plugin for this? I would be willing to work on this.

Sorry for the short mail :

http://codemirror.net/doc/manual.html#modeapi

Have also a look at this part of code mirror doc :

Sometimes, it is useful for modes to nest—to have one mode delegate work to another mode. An example of this kind of mode is the mixed-mode HTML mode. To implement such nesting, it is usually necessary to create mode objects and copy states yourself. To create a mode object, there are CodeMirror.getMode(options, parserConfig), where the first argument is a configuration object as passed to the mode constructor function, and the second argument is a mode specification as in the mode option. To copy a state object, call CodeMirror.copyState(mode, state), where mode is the mode that created the given state.

—