[IPython-dev] Repr method hierarchy order

Damon Allen damontallen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:07:44 EST 2014

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for all your hard work on IPython, nbconvert, Jupyter,
and everything else all of you have been working on.  I just have a quick
question, is the order of the repr method hierarchy being changed in the
development version of IPython?  The reason I ask is that I just wrote a
simple example to demonstrate some of IPython's repr options and when I'm
running the notebook locally, in IPython 2.3, _repr_latex_ is a higher
priority than _repr_svg_ and LaTex is displayed when both are available.
However, when I shared it on nbviewer the SVG repr is displayed rather than
the LaTex repr in the same location.

Notebook
<http://nbviewer.ipython.org/urls/gist.githubusercontent.com/damontallen/5e591948346f7ae8ee2f/raw/bfeae94552285fe1a3b72292afb3bddb623b1a2a/repr_options.ipynb>

Thank you,