[IPython-dev] Parallel magic and exception

thwiouz maidos93 at laposte.net
Fri Dec 5 03:35:47 EST 2014

Well, it seems the process in the engine stops: when I look at the task
manager, there is a jump of 1 process (100% -> ~80%). I could see a
RuntimeWarning error in the log in the window of the engine process.

Well, in order to provide the code I should post the notebook because as I
said, I've defined a lot of personal things.
But basically the code is the following:

---------------------------------------
from IPython import parallel

rc = parallel.Client()
dview = rc[:]
dview.block = True
dview.activate()
---------------------------------------
%autopx
---------------------------------------
# Definition of many classes I wrote bla bla
# and instanciation of a lot of objects in
# all engines because of autopx
# My big loop for that uses the different objects
# I created
%autopx
# And then, I'm in the client side, so I can handle the results
# But some of my engines began KO, so I stopped the execution here

I hope it could help,