[IPython-dev] Making custom converter/template with nbconvert

Rafał Skolasiński rjtskolasinski at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 09:49:43 EST 2014

Hi Thomas,

Yes, that sounds like a logical way. But I still have few question about
how to do it.

First, do I also need to have custom preprocessor? At which point of
conversion it will be the most convenient to make changes?

Should my custom exporter class inherit from a TemplateExporter? Or maybe
separation into files should happen at this level?

And last, once I will have my exporter class will it be enough to specify
which exporter should be used in config file and provide config to
nbconvert via --config mycfg.py ?

Thanks for all your help!

Best,
Rafal

P.S. If there are any useful guides or FAQs about writing custom converters
that would be very helpful. I looked for some on my own but didn't have
much luck.