[IPython-dev] IPython notebook available under the Android platform

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 16:38:10 EST 2014

Hi

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 4:04 AM, Apps Embedded <apps.embedded at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We developped an Android app called "LabPy Console" using Python and the
> SciPy packages (Python is a trademark of the Python Software Foundation).
> We had the trademark agreement from the PSF for posting such a work under
> the Play Store.
>
> Within this app, we are using the IPython package.
>
> Our app is under the GPL v3 licence and our source code is available
> through our support web site :
> https://code.google.com/p/labpyconsoleapp/
>
> Using the IPython notebook extension is a new feature on the Android
> platform.
> From your point of view, we would like to know if there is no legal issue
> from a licence point of view for instance.
> Does the LabPy Console app name is ok for you too?

Sure, no problem from this side.

On behalf of the dev team, I wanted to thank you for approaching us in this
manner and giving us an opportunity for feedback about the use of the
project's name.  Yours is the kind of effort  we hope will succeed, as it's
one more way for users to get to the scientific python tools. We wish you
the best, and keep us posted on how it all goes.

Regards,