[IPython-dev] Developing a MOOC with IPython notebooks

Anton Akhmerov anton.akhmerov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 11:53:16 EST 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 5:48 PM, William Stein <wstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> I removed the pip version and installed Kwant system-wide using the
> Ubuntu Packages suggested at http://kwant-project.org/install
>
> Now kwant works fine without the UMFPACK warning.

Perfect, this means that also MUMPS is installed through the Ubuntu
repos (it's actually indeed public domain, they just want to collect
user emails).
Sadly Umfpack in Scipy is now gone due to software rot and GPL <->
Python world incompatibility.

Thanks a lot for providing Kwant in SMC. This makes SMC really useful
both for the Kwant team and the MOOC I'm organizing.

Anton