[IPython-dev] what is this "Untrusted text/latex output ignored." stuff?

Zoltán Vörös zvoros at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 07:23:20 EST 2014

Hi Damián,

Thanks for the feedback!

On 03/02/14 13:10, Damián Avila wrote:
> You have to trust your notebook:
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/4824/files#diff-bc52f1067c30eefcdb7ec4212e7d843aR467
>

> This is the relevant PR, just merged a couple of day ago:
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/4824

I am using the latest from master, so this should not be an issue.

> But Brian is working in sanitizing the markdown cells too... so we are
> waiting a little bit to announce this "trust" feature to the list.

I also figured that I have the same problem with SVG figures. Those are
also untrusted, and don't render. PNG figures seem to be OK.

@Mathias
> In short, we sign the notebook when you save it, and if the signaure
> don't mach we don't render potentially dangerous ouput.
> We will do the same in markdown soon if it contains script tag.
>
> WhiteListing latex might be an oversight.
>
> If you rerun the all notebook and save, the ouput should be tusted, a
> least for you, more info soon.

Does that mean that the whole notebook has to be rerun? Because if I
re-run only the affected cells, that is not enough, I still have to the
issue, when I open the notebook again, those cells still fail to render.

Cheers,
Zoltán