[IPython-dev] Paste images into the notebook

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 16:29:34 EST 2014

Hi there,

Le 7 févr. 2014 à 21:04, Edeler, Torsten a écrit :

> Hi everybody.
> I’m playing around with the notebook.
> It is fantastic! Thank you for this amazing piece of software!
>
> I’m just missing the ability to paste images directly from the clipboard (e.g. screenshots) into the notebook. My OS is Win7. How do I make that work?

Short answer is you can't.

Longer is, depends what you want to do.
Add it in cwd, use IPython.display.Image or use like to image url which depending on IPython version in markdown is :

![alt text](files/<path to image>)   on < 2.0
![alt text](<path to image>)   on >= 2.0

More information in example notebooks that introduce all theses concepts.
--
Matthias