[IPython-dev] Default values for widgets

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 17:56:40 EST 2014

This function:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/IPython/html/widgets/interaction.py#L121

has two branches where it tests for:

elif default is not empty:

Just remove those.  Then you would need to add logic *after* the
actual widgets that does something like:

widget.value = default

To set the value to the default. The only difficulty is for something
like a slider widget with finite step sizes, we would have to think
about what to do if the value wasn't at a valid step:

(0, 100, 10) with a default of 33

We could just allow it , or we could raise a ValueError.