[IPython-dev] Cartopy - was maps inline

Raymond Yee raymond.yee at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 15:46:31 EST 2014

Hi Phil,

I'd definitely like to try cartopy. I'm hesitant to dive in at the
moment because according to
http://scitools.org.uk/cartopy/docs/latest/index.html#installation,

    Installation of cartopy can currently only be done from source.
Build instructions for specific operating systems can be found in the
building from source section.

I'm leading a class in which I've had everyone install anaconda on their
laptops -- whether it be running OS X, Windows, or Linux.   You know how
hard it will be in practice to install cartopy under those conditions?

Thanks,
-Raymond