[IPython-dev] Notebook: Horizontal layout for multiple figures in output cell

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 07:59:57 EST 2014

On Feb 22, 2014 6:31 AM, "Damián Avila" <damianavila at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you want to play with the css, I strongly recommend you to modify the
less files which are generating the final style.min.css.

Bootstrap 2 grids may be sufficient?

http://getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/scaffolding.html

It shouldn't be too difficult to pass a few objects with _repr_html_
methods to a function that returns HTML with wrapper divs and Bootstrap
classes?

> After your modifications of the pertinent less files, you have to compile
them to get a new style.min.css which will be applied to the notebook.

Any roadmap update on Bootstrap 3? I guess it still doesn't support
submenus?

>> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Nicholas Bollweg <nick.bollweg at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> @antonino: can you use a css selector, like :first-child, to keep the
your format from bleeding over onto the text output?

>> I'm not familiar with CSS, I just used the "Developer Tool" inspector in
Chrome to find the relevant elements.

>> How should I proceed if I want to do some tests? Is modifying
style.min.css on disk and reloading the notebook the proper way to do it.
How people usually develop this king of stuff, at least in the ipython
context?