[IPython-dev] Camera widget

Doug Blank doug.blank at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 11:50:40 EST 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Jason Grout
<jason-sage at creativetrax.com>wrote:

> On 2/26/14 11:00 PM, Doug Blank wrote:
> > BTW, if you give the button an id, <button id = picture_button>, then
> > you can:
> >
> >      def click(self):
> >

> display(Javascript("document.getElementById('picture_button').click();"));
> >
> > which will programmatically take a picture.
>
> But giving the button a specific single html id makes it so you can only
> have one such button on a page.

True, but would it make sense to have multiple interfaces to a single
Camera? If you could select between the laptop camera and a USB camera,
then we would definitely need different names.

Is there a better way to identify the button? My JavaScript woo is small.

-Doug