[IPython-dev] odd warning in notebook

Zoltán Vörös zvoros at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 12:39:05 EST 2014

Hi Thomas,
On 09/01/14 18:26, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
> On 9 January 2014 05:50, Zoltán Vörös <zvoros at gmail.com
> <mailto:zvoros at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     WARNING: Exception in image/png formatter:
>     \begin{bmatrix}abc, & abc\end{bmatrix}
>

> Our best guess is that this is somehow Sympy's doing. Do you have
> anything in your config or startup files that could be loading sympy?
You are right: I started with a profile that loads sympy and defines a
couple of variables. If I remove that from the profile, everything works
fine. But again, I didn't have this problem a day ago, and I haven't
updated sympy on my system, only ipython, so something must have changed
in ipython proper. Why would sympy be involved at all in a simple string
operation?

Cheers,
Zoltán