[IPython-dev] feature request: %load to load markup rather than code

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 10:05:50 EST 2014

Le 10 janv. 2014 à 15:39, Mark Bakker a écrit :

> Dear IPython developers,
>
> I want to load exercises from a webserver into a IPython notebook.
> The exercises are in markup language, but the %load only loads code from a website.
>
> I discussed this with Fernando at the AGU meeting in San Francisco last December.
>
> It this something easy to implement? Maybe an option with the %load magic? Or a separate magic %mload for markup load?

I'm not sure I get that correctly, you want to load the exercise, and put it in a markdown cell ?
Or just "display" it to the student ?

If the first case you can just turn the cell into a markdown cell once the content is loaded into the cell.
For the second one, I suppose could "just" write a function that display some HTML.