[IPython-dev] Please read: IPython Notebook UI goes modal

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Sat Jan 11 16:33:24 EST 2014

On 1/11/14, 4:30 PM, Jason Grout wrote:
> On 1/11/14, 4:22 PM, MinRK wrote:
>> I think the double-i makes sense for interrupt and restart.
>
> What about making it I I (so you have to hold down shift)?
>
> Having a false positive for restarting the kernel can be a huge
> deal---you can't undo that.

I would advocate for not even having a shortcut for restarting the
kernel and rely on the menu/buttons for that.  Restarting the kernel is
a very disruptive action, so I think it should have a fairly disruptive
invocation procedure.

You can always put a shortcut in later if people are always complaining
that they can't restart kernels fast enough :).

Jason