[IPython-dev] Kernel busy/idle indicators in notebook

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 02:41:10 EST 2014

One problem that I can see is that running and idle are not the only indicators in the notification area.
I can think at least of restart and interrupt (for the kernel).

One could change the Notification Area API from (text), to (icon, text, hovertext, color) and use
http://fontawesome.io/icons/ (form control section for example)
To have more discrete indicators.

Css could probably be used to have fading transition more subtle.