[IPython-dev] Interfacing ActivePapers with IPython notebooks

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net
Wed Jan 22 05:16:03 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

I have started to look more seriously at integrating IPython notebooks
into my ActivePapers framework. My notes are on a GitHub issue at
https://github.com/activepapers/activepapers-python/issues/3

As I explain there, I need to intercept communication between the
notebook server and the kernels, in order to pass write access to the
ActivePaper file from one process to another one. I would appreciate
some advice on how to approach this best, meaning in particular in the
most future-proof way. I don't care much about 1.1 compatibility,
as my work is far from ready for the public, but I would like to find
a solution that I don't have the rewrite with each IPython release.

Thanks in advance,
  Konrad.