[IPython-dev] IPython notebook rocks (and some new ideas)

Damián Avila damianavila at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 18:56:09 EST 2014

Hi Ian,

2014/1/22 Ian Bell <ian.h.bell at gmail.com>

>    - Hiding of the code blocks.  Generating figures sometimes requires a
>    lot of hacking around, and its nice to not have the hacking be completely
>    visible, but only after a click through.  Sort of how in Sphinx+MPL, there
>    is a link to download the source for the figure, but the source is not
>    automatically embedded.  If this is already possible, how can I enable it?

Regarding this issue you can use something like this (with
IPython.nbconvert):
http://www.damian.oquanta.info/posts/hide-the-input-cells-from-your-ipython-slides.html
The example applies to the IPython slides but it is easy adaptable for the
full html output...
Now, if you are lloking to hide the input in the live notebook, you can do
it making a custom nbextension (ie, a little of js applied to the live
notebook to hide the input content using some "hide" css class). You have a
lot of examples of js nbextensions here:
https://github.com/ipython-contrib/IPython-notebook-extensions and here:
https://github.com/damianavila/mIPyex and here:
https://github.com/minrk/ipython_extensions, and probably in other places...

Hope it helps!