[IPython-dev] IPython notebook rocks (and some new ideas)

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 16:45:44 EST 2014

Le 23 janv. 2014 à 19:57, Jason Moore a écrit :

> The cross referencing could potentially be done if you also supported restructured text. Markdown has a simpler syntax but rst is really featureful.

Notebook had some sort of rst support at some point, problem is it need to
be done on server side and need to process the full document at once to get lots of
things right, so we moved away from it. But we did consider it.

The advantages of using in browser markdown overcame the ability to have
all the features of rst. Also, as marked have only a few extensions, you are almost
certain that all user can read notebook written by others.

--
Matthias