[IPython-dev] Please read: IPython Notebook UI goes modal

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Mon Jan 27 12:02:59 EST 2014

Hey, Brian

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 10:02 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> What about the double press logic we use for the delete (d d) instead
> of a modifier?

I just switched to the new modal interface, and it handles very well.

My only gripe is with the "i" shortcut that, even as a casual vim
user, I tend to press all the time.  Requiring at least a double press
would be good.

I've also noticed that having a cell towards the top of the document, such as

import time
for i in xrange(100000):
    time.sleep(1)
    print i

executing, causes the currently focused cell to keep moving down.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this!

Regards
Stéfan