[IPython-dev] displaying JavaScript-based maps in Notebook: tips?

Raymond Yee raymond.yee at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 15:27:20 EST 2014

Hi Rob,

First of all, thanks so much for vincent -- I definitely plan to use it
personally and in my course.

Alas, v 0.4.3 has the same problem for me as v 0.4.2.  I can't get a
world map to show because the TopoJSON library is not loading.  I've
reported the issue: https://github.com/wrobstory/vincent/issues/93

I'll definitely take a look at folium.  And I've started plowing through
mpld3.  Didn't think too hard earlier about hooking basemap up with
mpld3 because I find basemap takes a bit of crunching to show maps and
thought naively that hooking it up with mpld3 might be slow -- but your
encouragement gets me to take a look to test my naive notions. :-)

-Raymond