[IPython-dev] NotebookManager API

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net
Tue Jan 28 11:48:34 EST 2014

Matthias BUSSONNIER writes:

 > You are probably one of the first to go this route,
 > I suggest you open github issues about that and we can fix them as we go.

OK.

Doug Blank writes:

 > I just found out what a NoteBook manager is, but I see that there is a gist here from a
 > year ago:
 >
 > https://gist.github.com/zylinqk/4107048
 >
 > Don't know if that would be helpful.

In principle, yes, but this looks outdated, quite different from what the
interface in 2.0 looks like.

But this gives me an idea: in the spirit of your simple_kernel, I will
prepare a simple_notebook_manager module, which stores notebooks in
Python data structures in memory. That's completely useless, but
everyone can understand it easily (no dependencies on outside
technology). It should be a good basis to (1) clarify what the API is
or should be and (2) help others develop alternative notebook
managers.

Konrad.