[IPython-dev] NotebookManager API

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net
Wed Jan 29 05:32:30 EST 2014

Konrad Hinsen writes:

 > But this gives me an idea: in the spirit of your simple_kernel, I will
 > prepare a simple_notebook_manager module, which stores notebooks in
 > Python data structures in memory.

Here is a first cut:

  http://github.com/khinsen/simple_notebook_manager

It permits creating new notebooks. Saving doesn't work yet, because
the checkpointing methods are not implemented yet. Evaluating expressions
doesn't work either, for reasons that I haven't explored yet.

I have created an issue in which I document features of the NotebookManager
API and its current implementation in IPython that I find surprising
or worth noting:

  http://github.com/khinsen/simple_notebook_manager/issues/1

Comments are welcome!

Konrad.