[IPython-dev] Spell check with the new modal input?

Aaron Meurer asmeurer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 19:35:54 EST 2014

So is the impetus on the web browsers to allow spell checking on a
broader class of text fields? I know very little about Javascript and
how web browsers work, but it sounds like if there were a way to fix
this from the IPython or codemirror side, it would be done already. I
just checked, and it seems that ACE has the same problem.

A Chrome extension would be awesome. It probably could be done more
generally than just IPython, allowing spell checking in any
codemirror, ace, ... box. Ideally it would use the system spell
checker rather than some cooked up one (the Chrome checker that uses
Google for suggestions is the best one I've ever used).

Aaron Meurer