[IPython-dev] fancyboxes in IPython Notebooks

Matthias Kümmerer matthias at matthias-k.org
Thu Jan 30 11:02:07 EST 2014

On Monday, January 27, 2014 17:12:47 Matthias BUSSONNIER wrote:
> Le 27 janv. 2014 à 16:56, Matthias Kümmerer a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > sorry for the long delay.
> >
> >> We should probably have an event that fires after the markdown cell is
> >> rendered that third party extensions can handle for things like this.
> >
> > okay. If I have seen correctly, this event is not yet there? Can I help to
> > implement it in some way?
>
> Yes, I suppose you would write JS around here[1] I guess.
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/IPython/html/static/notebook
> /js/textcell.js#L366

Great, thanks a lot. I added an event and my extension is already working. If
that's okay for you, I will be happy to open a pull request for this. The
feature might be interesting for other people as well.

I did not find any information on your naming convention for events. I called
the event "markdown_rendered.Cell". Is that okay? Maybe
"markdown_rendered.MarkdownCell" is better...

Best,
  Matthias