[IPython-dev] Examples of custom CSS for side-by-side (horizontal) output layout?

Doug Blank doug.blank at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 08:32:28 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 2:50 AM, Matthias Bussonnier <
bussonniermatthias at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 3 juil. 2014 à 04:52, Fernando Perez a écrit :
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I know in the past people have mentioned having customized their notebook
> layouts to display output next to the input cells instead of below them.
>
> Does anyone have an example handy of this, so I can refer a colleague to
> it?
>

> %%html
> div.cell{
> box-orient:horizontal;
> flex-direction:row;
> }
>
> div.cell *{
> width:100%;
> }
>
> div.prompt{
> width:80px;
>
> }

BTW, I find that I can go back and forth between horizontal and vertical
styles sequentially in a notebook using this technique, as long as the HTML
is entered into new cells. If I go back to a previously executed cell and
attempt to re-run the HTML, then the notebook gets confused, and I need to
create a new cell (or close and re-open the notebook). This is on
Chromium 34.0.1847.116 on Ubuntu.

-Doug