[IPython-dev] Interactive magic cells

Akim Demaille akim at lrde.epita.fr
Sun Jul 20 06:34:09 EDT 2014

hi Doug,

Le 18 juil. 2014 à 13:50, Doug Blank <doug.blank at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Cool project! "Live coding" for Finite State Machines!

Thanks!

> There probably a few places you could insert JavaScript into the keypress handling process. Perhaps an easy way would be to add a CodeMirror overlay [1]. You could not only fire your code to check to see if you want to re-render the dot output,

This is already the case: I perform the attempt the conversion to SVG
at each key stroke to see if it's ok, and if this is correct, then
I do update the widget, and if it is not, I paste the error message
in the error widget.  So I always have the image even when while
typing, my input is momentarily invalid.

> but could also add some custom parsing for your language.

Ah!!!  Of course!  Then I realize that I needs to write something
like what was done for %%script.  I'd be very happy to provide
syntactic highlighting, for instance.

Is there a place with documentation on how to write extensions
such as %%bash and the like?