[IPython-dev] custom.js broken

neil rabinowitz neil.rabinowitz at nyu.edu
Sun Jul 20 21:45:13 EDT 2014

i just pulled the latest ipython master from github, and i'm having
difficulties with custom.js in the profile_.../static/custom/ directory. i
hadn't updated for a few weeks, so it seems there have been some syntax
changes during this time. my previous version of custom.js began with the
line:

$([IPython.events]).on("app_initialized.NotebookApp", function () {

according to the browser console, this raises: "Uncaught ReferenceError: $
is not defined"

i see there's a new syntax listed in the example custom.js, which suggests
i should change this to:

IPython.events.on("app_initialized.NotebookApp", function () {

but according to the browser console, this raises: "Uncaught
ReferenceError: IPython is not defined"

any ideas? also should i expect all my extensions to require reworking for
other syntax changes?

neil
(apologies for any response delays... will be away for a few days this week)