[IPython-dev] automatic quoting in interactive shell

Brian Wylie briford.wylie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 17:54:50 EDT 2014

When you say you don't want to extend the functionality of autocall.. I'm
assuming you mean you don't want to put in a flag for the option as the
functionality is already there.

So extending the functionality will be a good learning exercise for me...
so I'll probably do it this way unless someone else has a better suggestion.

1) Make a simple 'transformer'
2) register_transformer(my_trans)
3) sort_transformers()

Seem like a reasonable approach?  My dev experience with IPython is a few
days old.. so any guidance is appreciated :)

Cheers,
-bri