[IPython-dev] CodeMirror overlay for spell checking

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 14:30:19 EDT 2014

Le 24 juil. 2014 à 19:06, Doug Blank a écrit :

> I have successfully created and registered a CodeMirror overlay (for spell checking), but two questions:
>
> 1) Which of the modes is used for Markdown cells? I guess that will be the mode that I overlay.

JSconsole :

> IPython.TextCell.options_default.cm_config.mode
"htmlmixed"

> 2) How do I make it so that my new mode will be used on Markdown cells?

IPython.TextCell.options_default.cm_config.mode = yourmode
+
loop on all cell and set
IPython.notebook.get_cell(0).code_mirror.setOption('mode',yourmode)

might need to require your mode first though, maybe with code_mirrorm.getMode

cf julia custom.js

https://github.com/JuliaLang/IJulia.jl/blob/master/deps/custom.js#L66-L90

> I guess that I need to associate the mime type of Markdown cells with my new mode, but having some trouble finding where to connect this in the IPython JavaScript.

I'm interested to see the code.